29 September 2013

Time for a quickie... Raspberry lollies recipe

I love making lollies at home with good quality gelatin. They're fairly easy to make, you can choose a kazillion different flavours (ok maybe not that many! But lots anyway!), and gelatin is a major contender to be added to the sought-after lists of 'Superfoods' as it's so incredibly healthy.

Tonight I made raspberry lollies, to go with the AWSEOME grain-free mini burgers I made (recipe here). Tomorrow I'm returning to my ketosis journey after having been sick for two weeks and not worrying about eating for ketosis due to the raw honey I was consuming by the big jar load. So tonight was a nice dinner and dessert before a few weeks of mostly low-carb (30g or less per day!).

Okay so these lollies were pretty darn good, even if I do say so myself!

Here's how I made them...

INGREDIENTS:
2-2.5 cups raspberry pulp - which I got after simmering a whole pack of frozen conventional raspberries (don't judge me for not using organic berries, it's all I had in the freezer!), blending, straining through a sieve to remove most of the seeds, then blending again
Stevia - to your liking. Alternatively use organic honey
6 tbsp gelatin powder (use Great Lakes or another grass-fed variety if you can)
3 tbsp pure coconut milk (I use Ayam from the supermarket)

METHOD:
1. In a large saucepan on medium heat, add the raspberry pulp, stevia and coconut milk
2. While constantly whisking the warm liquid, slowly add in the gelatin, bit by bit
3. Once all gelatin is mixed in well, add mixture to blender and blend well. I do this to ensure the gelatin is completely mixed in and doesn't leave lumps
4. Pour mixture into flat square or rectangle shape containers and place in the fridge for 2-3 hours to set. If you use round containers the end shape is a bit odd!
4. Once set use a rounded knife (butter knife) to separate edges from containers, cut into strips, then carefully lift out each strip. 
5. Cut the strips into small squares and there you have it... DIY healthy lollies!

These lollies would be quite bitter if no stevia or sweetener of some kind was added. The coconut milk also helped reduce the intensity of the flavour and gave a slightly creamy taste. Clint and I ate most of this container - they're so moorish, so be warned!

Grain/gluten/dairy/sugar/nut-free

ENJOY!!



sushine coast, personal training, primal, paleo, yum, healthy


Thanks
Aimee :)

My 5 gratefuls today are:
1. Making yummy healthy food we love to eat
2. Going fishing yesterday at the lovely Ewen Maddock Dam
3. Soaking in a magnesium bath
4. Country music
5. Rodeos

No comments:

Post a Comment